Friday, September 21, 2012

School in Japan!

Hello readers! I arrived in Hakodate Japan just about 3 days ago. The host school has been extremely helpful so far! Don Millar, the professor in charge of English speaking foreign student was nice enough to meet me at the airport upon my arrival and bring me to my apartment, which was a really big help seeing as I brought over a ton of luggage! Yesterday, Don took us to get our bank accounts set up and to get us Japanese phones so we can get in touch with the school and new friends without paying roaming charges. I have to say, all of this would have been near impossible for me to do, seeing as how I am no where near fluent in Japanese. Don even bought us all (there are 2 other students from HPU here: Ali and Stephen) lunch on two separate occasions! And apparently Don and another teacher took Ali and Stephen to a pretty expensive dinner when they got here. I got here a day after the two of them did so I didn't get to be a part of that. Nonetheless, Don and the rest of the faculty has been a big help! If you're thinking about studying abroad in Hakodate, but are afraid to for whatever reason, do not worry. The staff at this school is really nice, especially Don and you always have them to help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment