Monday, July 1, 2013

Uluwehi Guerrero

This past week I was fortunate enough to eat dinner with world renown Hawaiian singer Uluwehi Guerrero. One of the students in the English conversation class I teach takes hula lessons and it turns out that the school is owned by Uluwehi Guerrero. He's in the middle of doing a Japan concert tour and he stopped in Hakodate so my student invited me to go to dinner with her and the class. The food was really high class. We had a 5 course meal and it was really good. The students danced and sang and Uluwehi Guerrero also put on a performance. I got to talk with him for a bit after dinner was done so that was pretty cool. I was very fortunate to be able to meet him as I never would have thought something like meeting a Hawaii celebrity in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment