Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saving money



So the snow is really strong or something, because it’s even messing with the school’s internet. The connection kind of floats in and out so it’s been really difficult to do anything that requires internet; this blog included. However tomorrow the office people will be back at school and they will help us sign a contract for our own internet to have at home, so that will make things a lot easier and more convenient. So, I’ve been trying to save up as much of my money as I possibly could in order to buy my plane ticket to go back home. I’ve come to the realization that in the winter, you will probably, no matter how much you don’t want to, will spend ALL of your money. I figured I didn’t need to spend the money to heat my room because I can tough out the cold. While it’s true that I can tough out the cold, my pipes can’t, and so they completely froze over. I had them unfrozen which cost about $150, and then they froze again a couple of days later. That being said, you will either spend the money keeping your room heated, or spend the money to unfreeze your pipes.
Unless you’re me.
After the second time my pipes completely froze over, I decided not to pay to get them unfrozen. I also decided not to attempt to use my heater to keep my room warm in order to keep my pipes safe. So, my room is without heat or water. However that’s not a problem for me. The school has showers in the gym that I can use as well as heaters. I’ll just wait until it’s warm enough for my pipes to melt naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment