Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Visit to the doctor

Sorry for the late post this week. It turns out that my self diagnosis was correct and I did indeed have Shingles. With that plus the cold and the workload from school I've been bedridden for the past week or so. When I went to the doctor, he gave me A LOT of medicine. I had to take 12 pills a day (4 with every meal) and apply a cream to the Shingles twice a day. I was freaking out because I thought what I had was really bad if I needed that much medicine. However, getting that much medicine is apparently the norm here in Japan. In fact, one of my friends who is studying abroad here from China said that they get even more medicine in China! The most medicine I've ever had to take was probably about 4 a day so you could imagine my surprise when I received all that medicine. And it was expensive! With all the visits and medicine, the fees were over $100 with the insurance! But I'm pretty good now so I guess it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment