Friday, April 12, 2013

April Fools' Day

I've been pretty sick for the past few weeks and forgot about the blog, so I will input multiple entries to make up for the weeks I had missed. On April Fools' Day I had work and so I decided to talk to my class about April Fools' Day. The holiday is not really celebrated at all in Japan according to my students. Japanese people take everything in a serious manner and don't really like to pull pranks on people. I mentioned senior pranks since we were talking about pranks and they were surprised at the fact that something like that even existed. They told me they definitely don't do senior pranks. I guess that's just another culture difference. Japanese have a different sense of humor so if you're a prankster beware! Your pranks may not be seen as enjoyable here.

No comments:

Post a Comment